Thanks for the comments, DC! smile

Poor Clark - he really does put himself into a catch 22 with his secret. Don't tell her and lose her. Tell her and very possibly one her
Yep, by this part of the series he really has dug himself into an enormous hole. I still think he should have told her much, much earlier than this- during TOGOM at the latest. But that's just my opinion.

Digressing...
As always, you get right to the heart of the matter in a very, short, concise way
I've come to the realisation that I will never rack up the word count of you or say, Anti-K, Virginia or groobie. Even my long stories are much shorter than they would be in the hands of a different author. Try as I might, I just cannot write like you guys- when I try to write as descriptively as you, it comes out flat and stilted. Just different writing styles, I guess smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg