Groobie

Agreed with the discussion about Pete - it's good for Clark to have a friend his age that he can trust and talk with. Same with Lois - she needs a good friend as well. I thought in the pilot that her sister would fill that role, but then Lucy basically disappeared from the series and not one really stepped in.

I meant to have Molly Flynn make an appearance or two, but unfortunately, she only appears during a brief phone conversation. One of these days I'm going to make sure she is there in the er ... flesh?

The second Lucy in the series was a lot more realistic to me. I always thought she got the short end of the stick. In the comics she was portrayed as level-headed and sensible. It would have been great if she stayed in the series. Lois really needed a female friend which is why in this story Cat is not a mantrap but is Catherine a wise good friend to both Lois and Clark.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.