FBINWWMPBN, eh? Federal Bureau of Intensely Nosy Women Who Make People Bloody Nervous. Well, I guess you can always try to rattle off all those letters when you meet an agent from this bureau, because the concentration required should help calm your nerves!

That abbreviation made all of this part for me, or it would have, if there had been nothing else there to capture my interest. But the way Elle was bluffing Luthor was great indeed. Too bad that in order to turn that signalling device into a "bomb", she had to press down her thumb over the "trigger" and thus cover up the parts of that thingie which allowed her to make her voice heard to Pete at all.

And then on to the second hilarious part of this chapter - well, after the FBINWWetc - the part where Elle ran straight into Clark, when she was getting away from Luthor (or attempting to save Pete, I didn't quite get it):

Why did she feel as if she'd ran straight into a steel wall?
Crap. Crapcrapcrap. She'd run into someone.
Well... A lady should know how to swear...
"Are you okay? A worried, masculine voice was whispering.
LOL! rotflol That's good old Clark for you, always the perfect gentleman who's concerned about others. But Lois turns into the FBINWWetc agent, demanding answers!

And wouldn't you know it that Lois and Clark are going to escape through the one door that will lead them straight to Luthor? And Clark sure doesn't appear to be in any shape to take on Mr. Badguy himself. On the other hand, when Elle ran into Clark she thought it felt like running into a steel wall, so maybe some of Clark's powers are returning. And Elle, who is some sort of agent, and Lois, who is an FBINWWetc agent, ought to be able to come up with some kind of strategy to bring down Mr Suave Lord of Evil.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann