Hi Millefeuilles,

Thanks for the link. At this point, I would call the article more speculation than anything else. It sounds like a Superman series hasn't been absolutely ruled out, but it isn't likely to happen any time soon, if at all. I'd be delighted if such a series came to fruition (as, I suspect, most of us here would be), but I'm not holding my breath. Unlike Clark, I can't hold it for a very long time...

To me, Dean's Clark was far and away the best, but Christopher Reeve's Superman outshown all others. Of course, the two could not be combined into a single character, since their very cores were so different. (Dean's Clark was the real person in L&C, but Christopher Reeve's Clark was just a disguise.)

I liked Hoechlin's interpretation better in the second episode. The one thing I disliked had nothing to do with his performance and everything to do with the writing -- I didn't like his getting so upset about the existence of Kryptonite at the DEO, to the extent that he would end a friendship over it. It made him seem petty and a bit cowardly to me. After all, think about how many things exist that can kill human beings and that we live with every day -- some of which we even keep in our homes or work places. There's only one substance that Clark has to worry about, and it had been thought to be stored under highly secure circumstances. That he would be willing to end a friendship and hold a grudge over its existence just doesn't seem very Superman-ly to me.

But that is a minor complaint. I would still very much like to see a lot more of this Superman.

Joy,
Lynn