YAYY!!!! Love this chapter! dance

On the other side of Centennial Park, Lois and Clark waited for Rita Lane in front of a bronze statue of Lewis and Dawson, the leaders of the first continental crossing of America.

I'm curious. Love how you switched Lewis and Clark in this universe. Lois and Clark is a play on Lewis and Clark. Am I missing another one? Who is Dawson?

Rita was not only a former espionage agent, but a wife and mother of two boys. She was quite aware just from watching their body language that there was more to this ‘partnership’ than her niece was letting on. It was with no small amount of difficultly that she fought to keep the smirk off her face.

Go Rita! Nice to see someone else noticing their chemistry.

Unbeknowst to her, Clark froze in shock. Jasper Templar looked at him directly, smirked and then walked past him and numerous other guests and into the hotel’s sumptuous lobby.

Unexpectedly the strange dream he’d experienced the day he moved to Metropolis came sharply into focus. He thought, <This makes no sense at all. Why should that dream come up?> Slowly, thoughts, events and memories surfaced from the abyss of his brain, as if two long separated halves of a whole, reunited.

YES! He's remembering!

Lois noticed her partner was no longer walking beside her. She turned back and immediately noticed his wan complexion and said, “Goodness Clark, you look so pale! Are you all right?”

He shook his head, struggling to shake off his confusion and said, “No, no, I’m not. Lois, please tell Perry I’m not feeling well and I’ll be in tomorrow. Earlier today I gave him a couple of filler pieces, for the evening edition.”

“Don’t worry about that! Do you want me to help you get home?” She asked; her voice filled with worry and concern.

How sweet! She really does care about him. In contrast, Lana would either have ignored his discomfort or complained about how it inconvenienced her.

Abruptly a sharp knock on the door split through his shock and terror. <Who could it be? Maybe it’s Lois checking up on me? I can’t see anyone now!> The knocking started again, this time more insistent. Then a voice with a distinct British accent came through. “Mr. Kent! Mr. Kent! I know who you are and what’s happening to you. Please let me in.”

Herb to the rescue! Okay, he's redeemed himself in this story. I was disappointed in him, concerned he had repressed Clark's memories. This makes sense with the two timelines fusing into one (if anything makes sense in time travel). It answers my question of how Tempus with a broken time machine would get the Lois from the other universe here, or why he would because this Lois Lane is alive and well.

The gifts of sharing Clark's globe and the tunnels are as the old credit card commercial used to say... "priceless" to Clark. thumbsup clap

Love how you changed the rules of the game. thumbsup It's a delightful way to win against the bad guys. And there are a lot of them in this universe.

If the suit was made by Martha that would make it even more precious to Clark. And I've been wondering although I don't expect an answer here in the comments if Herb also engineered breaking the time machine Tempus used to get to this universe. That would be delightfully ironic. laugh

Looking forward to the next installment! Wonderful chapter. clap clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly