You're leaving us with that? After all this time? I want to know what she tells Clark!

For the first time, she doesn’t see hurt in his eyes (she knows it’s there, though, carefully masked and hidden away). Instead, anger flashes there as his shoulders broaden. “I am happy the Planet is back--I’m happy that you get to do what you love. I guess I’m just wondering if I was only ever a priority because you didn’t have anything better to do at the time. I’m wondering if you need--or want--me at all now that you have the Planet back. Was I just a distraction? Did you ever mean this chance for more?”
Good, Clark. Stand up for yourself-you don't need someone like that in your life. I can't imagine being in Lois's position, but as bad as she has it, at least she has the solace of knowing things will turn out all right for him. Clark's the one who's getting the actual hurt, in this relationship, and he doesn't know why. The pain there from his ignorance of the situation is probably, in many ways, worse.

I've spent a lot of time voicing how difficult it would be to paint Lois in this light, but in the end, this peacekeeper is just like (or better than) Lex, at least manipulation-wise. He has some seriously convincing manipulation going on, if only because he knows Lois so well.
I can see, now, why she wouldn't let Clark decide on this. The future, in her mind, brings him so much more happiness than she would, and if she wasn't supposed to meet him in the first place, I can easily see the source (with his skill) making her see differently. Really, really nice job. I was worried, but knowing what we do now Lois definitely feels in-character. clap

It's interesting, though, since Lex preyed on Lois's insecurities. Here, the peacekeeper is manipulating the part of her that wants so badly to do the right thing, and that's more
Important to her than any comfort she could get from Lex as a husband. With that in mind, I think it makes her even more vulnerable, since she's struggled a lot with knowing what right is.

I really thought Lois was going to tell Clark! whinging Some Utopian peacekeeper that source of hers is (if he is one at all). He's almost worse than Dr. Deter.

Can't wait for more smile1

Last edited by AnnieL; 09/28/16 08:18 PM. Reason: typo :)

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."