Another fabulous posting of a intriguing story.

Remaining in the shadows, Clark pondered the list of atrocities Luthor had committed and planned in the future. There a transformation came over Clark. Under normal circumstances, this would not have happened for another two years. Instead, here on the roof of the Seigel Building in downtown Metropolis, Clark Kent – mild mannered investigative reporter who was also the superhero Superman – added a third side of his personality to the mix.

His body language changed. He stood taller than Superman, and acquired a regal presence.

In that moment, his revulsion and rage at this discussion he'd monitored had awakened his dormant military Kryptonian persona that could one day become…

Lord Kal-El, Supreme Commander and Ruler.

This segment caught me completely off guard, where did that come from? Although it took me back to the whole NK arc it still was a surprise. Is this another superpower or just another aspect of his Kryptonian heritage kicking in? But on the other hand it made perfectly good sense for Clark to react in that manner. After all, Lex and Mrs. Cox were discussing ending people's lives as if it were nothing. Their callousness is mind bending to say the least.

Like everyone else, it is hard to imagine packing so much into the next part that this story will be complete. But somehow I think you shall manage the feat quite nicely. clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.