Originally Posted by Morgana
The solution get Lois and Clark together? Have the King make him into a nobleman and take over Lord Luthor's fiefdom. dance Since it was a common practice to give as a gift, land to a loyal man it is the perfect way to settle several problems. The Kent/Lane lands are benefiting from Clark's benevolent stewardship a win/win for all concerned. Early Utopia?

It is a good thing Clark was learning to read and write before all of this happened, it gave him a firm foundation when he studied the greater complexities of running a manor with Lord Lane.

Ten children?!

The Fox reference threw me at first, then I realized where you were going with that. Great story!

Glad you liked it! I'll admit that A Knight's Tale influenced the bestowal of the lordship. That and, as you said, it was common practice at the time.

Yes, it's fortunate for Clark to have learned how to read and write prior to his new title and position. It would have really helped him get used to all the new things he would have to learn and be responsible for.

Lois: Yes, ten children. Next time, can my soul spawn in a time where birth control is at least an option? I love my kids, but I'm EXHAUSTED!

I nearly wrote it so that one of Clark's great-grandsons wife would be pregnant and says Charles when asked for a name if it's a boy, but I thought it played out better and less confusing this way. It also gave me room to give the little "fox" detail, just in case.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon