Hey, I'm actually doing this on time for once! Wonders never cease! smile

Thanks, DC, I'm glad the voice is effective! When I first started writing it, I suddenly realized that a disembodied voice isn't the easiest thing to write as an effective 'scary tool' (I always realize these things after it's too late to re-plan them laugh ). And I think I should get that Clarkie doll! wink

Thanks for being so faithful, SupesFan! I feel so guilty posting late, but it's nice to know that you're willing to wait -- now I just hope it's worth it!

Lois and Clark able to confide in each other, Virginia? We are only on Season 1! grin They really are so much stronger together than apart, though, so it would be great if they could combine their resources! The voice certainly does seem to get around, doesn't it...

Thank you, AnnieL! You always have such great, well-thought-out theories in your feedback, which is great because it helps keep me on my toes -- when your readers are smart, you can't just slack off! smile The voice does have more than one purpose (that's probably too much to admit already, anyway!)... I do feel bad for both Lois and Clark, but like you pointed out, he has no idea what he's gotten into whereas she had something of a choice. And yeah, the calm before the storm MIGHT be the appropriate description. I'd lend you some tissues, but I think I've blown through mine by now. cool

Sorry, Morgana! I do like to torture you, don't I -- but only because it's what best allows the characters to shine through. whistle

I do love Jonathan and Martha, LMA, so they always seem to show up in my stories somewhere (we have to take advantage of the fact that this is one of the only incarnations of Superman who has a strong support system, after all). I'm glad you pointed out how hard it would be to track down a voice -- because I have definitely run into that problem on my end! I'll admit to some relief that the last scene didn't run into any problems; this is the most 'explicit' that I've written (and me calling it that probably goes far to prove how little I know about writing it!), so I was a bit worried about how it would come through. And yeah, always so much better for someone to TELL a secret than for them to find out on their own (now when will characters on television shows learn this?)

Thanks, groobie! I'm glad you're still reading even if you're not guessing anymore! Believe me, if you guessed what was going on, I'd be very disappointed with myself, so this was a nice note to get! laugh

Thank you, everyone! Hope you enjoy the next part!