Originally Posted by Christina
Hmmm. Anger might be a bigger problem than usual. I'm sure there's other things people could come up with.
Why anger? When he first was faced with red K, it made him apathetic, amplifying his emotions at the time. Did facing Metallo make Clark mad? How else was Clark feeling during this part of S2? The second time, Clark faced red K, it messed with his ability to control his powers. So, canon has red K making it difficult for Clark to control himself, first emotionally and then physically.

Apparently, in comic canon, red K affects Clark differently every time he's exposed to it. (In Smallville, red K messed with Clark's morals, turning him into a bad guy.) How else could red K mess with Clark and how would that change his battle with Metallo and Clark's (or Superman's) relationship with Lois?[/quote]

I distinctly remember that during the counseling session with Dr. Friskin, Superman/Clark definitely released some anger. Why that was, though, I don't remember. I agree that apathy was the first reaction and flirting with others but my guess on why was because Lois was "semi-involved" with Dan. The red-k in the series worked differently based on the piece of it. So it would depend on the type. The one that affected Clark/Superman in "Individual responsibility" was the same piece used in the laser in "UltraWoman". I thought the one used in Lethal Weapon was a different type entirely.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)