Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Will things ever start to look up for Clark? mecry Debtor's slavery? How horrible! I mean, I knew Australia was where they shipped many people from debtor's prison but slavery? Luckily, poor Clark was found and saved by the Lanes. I can't see Luthor being happy about, not that he'd recognize some peasant he sentenced to slavery the next time he visited the Lanes. Hopefully, with Clark's help the Lanes would no longer need the protection of Luthor. I'm sure Sam doesn't see it that way.

So sad that Merlin wasn't purchased with Clark. Such a good horse. frown

Well, it IS one of my stories so...of course things went from bad to worse. BUT, at least he is with Lois now, even if they can be wed.

I thought selling him into slavery felt very much like what Lex Luthor would do - he's trying to make money off Clark's tragedy. Lex is arrogant enough that he likely wouldn't recognize Clark if he saw him again. He's a peasant and well beneath him, so therefore not worth sparing a second glance at.

Merlin WAS purchased with Clark. Lois recognized the horse and demanded him along with Clark. Sam bought both man and beast.

Thanks for reading! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon