This discussion is awing... it's giving me such perspective and food for thought! Like Pam, it's making me think about things I hadn't thought about, or at least think about things in a new light. Ann, Terry, et al... thank you smile I love reading these issues you present and seeing what people have to say after you've laid everything out so nicely!

And more on-topic of this story... Dave, Wendy... this was unsurprisingly wonderful! Your styles meshed so well together and the story was just sweet, full of holiday spirit and WAFF and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!! smile smile smile smile smile

I love the descriptions and how they are heightened by the flow, which is so unique:
Clark was... Clark was dead... gunned down... shot right in front of her... he’d fallen, he’d collapsed, he’d died. She’d watched him die. Over and over again, she’d watched him die night after night since it had happened.

He couldn’t be... Superman couldn’t...

The world was tilting, somehow off-balance.
It's like a dance, the way these words move together, the way the scene unfolds... and it's an honest joy to read.

I don’t know who you are. You’re not anyone I recognise.”
This was such an incredibly powerful moment in the revelation scene! She's saying this to Superman, who she's just learned is the best friend she thought gone forever, and it's so chilling, a line that definitely made my breath catch (I had to read it a few times because I realllllly loved the wording, the meaning, all of it) thumbsup

And LOVE the WAFFS after all that angst:

Clark Kent, if you go out there and... and tell them you’re leaving, I’ll be on the first plane to Smallville and I’ll tell your mother all about it. Everything. Including how much I love you and that you left and broke my... hea...heart.”

“Wha...at?” He looked as if he couldn’t believe what he’d just heard.

“You heard me, Clark Kent! I love you! I’m in love with you! And you broke my heart once when you died... sorry, when you pretended to die, and now you’re planning on breaking it all over again by leaving?”

She’d never seen him look so shocked.
I can imagine rotflol
He turned towards her again, and captured her lips warmly, lovingly, with his own. And, gladly, blissfully, she kissed him back.

It was going to be a magical Christmas.
YAY!!!! smile smile smile

Great story!!! I love TOGoM stories and this one was definitely different in many ways, so that was incredibly enjoyable for me!

~NICOLE