Yaaaay! It's posted! It's so great to see this idea come to life, especially in the hands of one of my very favorite authors. It's so nice to see you handling these two again. Especially bringing some delicious angst to their lives. You know I'm a sadist like that. wink

He'd hiccuped, he explained, and it might have been funny, she thought, if her heart hadn't been breaking for him.

I love this line, it's perfectly evocative of the feelings these two are going through.

"Hearing cries for help when I'm not supposed to do anything about them; when I can't do anything about them… Lois, it's killing me."

Poor Clark frown

What was left inside his costume, he'd just have to deal with later.

Isn't a spandex suit full of sand enough punishment for whatever damage he's caused? Because that sounds awful.

"And Clark went along to make sure Superman doesn't accidentally destroy the one thing that might cure him?" Perry asked, a frown forming on his face.

How helpful of Perry! It's almost as if he knows how good of friends Clark and Superman are wink

Drenched, beaten and helpless, Superman witnessed the destruction he'd so innocently caused. A deserted island had been a poor choice after all.

This breaks my heart for Clark. He at very least deserved an island getaway for all of this.

So my heart is offically hurting for both of them. You did a great job at that! I so can't wait to read the rest. <3

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller