Oh, how I love the parallels between Suzanne and Lois. clap Brilliant! Michel doesn't even realize how jealous she sounds with her accusations. I thought she was a geologist, too. Strange that she's not interested in his rock.

I'm glad Michel came back for Clark. It shows his integrity. Coming from below instead of above as Trask would expect was wonderful! Of course Michel would come from below; he's a man of the earth, soil, and rocks. Clark is a man of the sky.

"Haven't you ever heard of the French Resistance?" lol Gotta love Michel. That closing line of his is the best though.

Did it knock me out of the story to hear Clark be cruel to Michel because he wouldn't do what Clark would in the same scenario? No, because Clark was looking at Michel, not as a brother, someone different from himself, but as someone who was just like himself. Instead of listening to Michel and hearing what he had to suggest, Clark lashed out when his plan was rejected. They sound like siblings to me.

That must be one convoluted timeline/outline. Are you sure you weren't thinking of writing a Choose your own Adventure story, here? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.