Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
You'll notice that the treatment for her amnesia is the opposite (lock her away) of what was prescribed for Clark during All Shook Up (put him in familiar setting with familiar people). You'd think someone from the Planet (i.e. Perry) would have remembered this and raised a red flag instead of gone along with her recommended treatment.

Good point. I understand why Clark didn't (he was too close to both situations), but why didn't Perry or Jimmy think of it?

I always figured it was because Dr.Deter was supposed to be the best in Metropolis, so they figured he knew what he was doing. I figured his method was an alternate one that was supposed to have a higher success rate. Perry and Jimmy also couldn't be around Lois, so only Clark knew how Deter was acting - which, unfortunately, lost him a lot of credibility because of how close he was to the issue.

Now that I think about it, it does seem like a large part of the adoption issue was due to Lois being a "thrill addict" trying to get Superman's attention. Adoption in the US can be a lengthy and difficult situation, and I can see the concern with her recklessness.

However, a large portion of her life or death situations aren't in Lois's control, especially at this point, with her Superman connection and all the criminals she's put away. That makes sense to me, but I do understand that her past overly reckless behavior doesn't help the situation. For that reason, I agree that they were probably just trying to weed people out. I do think they could have gotten themselves more consideration had they chosen to fight for it.

It's the possible potential with Alt Clark that bothers me more than anything. What would happen if Clark died? Would Lois fall in love with him in time I don't think she would, but it feel like that would cheapen her relationship with her own Clark if she did.

Thanks for all your responses!

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."