After watching the series for the fourth time, I've finally decided to try to understand Lois. There are a thousand things I love about her character, but many more that I have trouble understanding.

Lois finds herself attracted to Alt. Clark to the point where she nearly cheats on her Clark twice. Was this because she was projecting her feelings for Clark onto his alternate self, or has a part of her fallen in love with him? In the case of the latter, I feel it cheapens her relationship with her Clark because she would have another to fall back on.

In Target: Jimmy Olsen, Lois dumps Clark for Scardino. I'm on the verge of thinking this to be cruel, since she tells him she has been seeing Clark, but would it be less so because she had only been on a few dates and weren't steady? Had this disrespect on Clark's part happened after she and Clark were married, would Lois have done something similar, or would her marital commitment and calmer personality allow her to work it out with Clark?

In the Foundling, Lois places her reasons for being exempt from lying on being from Metropolis; Clark cannot lie because he's from Kansas. I'd always assumed she only held Clark to these standards since he was the "last honest man," and that this was only an excuse. What do you think of the double standard there?

Lois of the fourth season seems a lot calmer and slightly more level-headed than in previous seasons. However, she and Clark are told they cannot adopt a child because she gets herself in danger so often. While part of it is just the risks of being a reporter, does she have a point about Lois's recklessness?

Do you think it's possible that Lois was repressing her memories of living Clark with Dr. Deter because all the trauma concerning their trying to move forward a a couple? The wedding fiasco might have sent her over the edge, which would explain her fugue state (scientifically, of course, since it sounds like the real life condition is triggered by emotional trauma).

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."