Hi, Virginia! wave

Clark went back for a couple of reasons. B39 needs to face justice. And they know who he is. So his life is in danger as long as they remain free. He'll never be safe until all of B39 is either behind bars or dead (as Lana may or may not be). Yes, they have Kryptonite, but can Clark really risk them storming his apartment one night while he's sleeping?

Lana gets no tears from me either way. She never did on the show either (from the one alt. version we got to see).

Jor-El didn't stop. He checked his end of the hallway and didn't find Clark. He just waited for Lois to complete her half. Should he have helped her? Absolutely. But he's pretty darn scared and not thinking straight.

No Kryptonite in the surgical room for several reasons. Clark's been freshly exposed. Too much exposure could kill him before Trask is ready. And he's already vulnerable. Which is not to say that Trask wouldn't have brought any Kryptonite with him once the vivisection got underway, as insurance.

The police can deal with Lex. smile

Yes, the boards are being much kinder to me on both mobile and desktop! Praise our web gods!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon