That was a realistic ending. It's just like Lois to rush things now that she knew what end was up. Who needed two weeks vacation after taking 5 days? wave (Well, besides the REST of us?)

I'm glad the Daily Planet decided to give Clark a second (third?) chance. I can understand Perry's hesitancy after what happened to Lois when Clark left the last time. Clark certainly was worse off than before (financially) and it had been a stretch to afford the Clinton apartment back then. What was he going to do for accommodation until his contract had been renewed?

Back in Metropolis for less than a day and Superman's already waist deep in people needing rescues. At least, Clark has his romance with Lois to improve his outlook on life. It was the only positive action that came out of his quick departure from the year before. It's true that young love seems to make even the worse hardships not seem so bad.

EDIT: I just realized that I didn't say how much I liked this story. smile It was very sweet and I liked Lois working hard to get Clark, despite his lunkheaded tendency. Better that she work hard for a Clark who we know will love and appreciate her than for a Luthor or a Dan (who although nice, isn't right for her).

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/19/16 02:22 AM. Reason: praise!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.