It's been more than 10 years since I've written any fanfic. Back then Lois and Clark was still showing in reruns on TNT, and I remember thinking that it would be the best thing in the world if it ever came out on DVD, because I had basically worn out all my old tapes. A lot of life has happened in the meantime - got married, had 3 kids. And free time...I kinda forget what that was.

Anyway, last summer a few things happened that led to this. The first was a comic-con that they held in town. I ended up going because I saw that Dean Cain was going to be there, and the family got our picture taken with him (and BTW THAT was kinda weird...I took my husband to meet my high school crush). About that time, I also started to buy a few comic books so I could get wise on the backstory of The Flash, which we had been watching religiously. As my Amazon bill grew, I was reminded of reading fanfic back in the day when I wanted more Lois and Clark. The fanfic was mercifully free, which was a wonderful thing for a college student...comics, not so much. Anyway, after I read the Flash comics I bought, then read them another 10 or 20 times, I started to look for something else to read, and decided to go back to my old fic.

I will be the first to admit that some of my old stories are kind of silly and maybe not as polished as I would like. But the ideas are fun. Reading through them got my mind working, and a nugget of a new story began to firm. Then it became all I could think about, and I just had to write it down. But here's the thing: between a full-time job, kids, activities, trying to keep my house up, trying to keep the weight down, etc...it doesn't leave a lot of time for writing. And honestly I'm not sure that anyone out there will even want to read this. So this is where you, dear readers, come in: I want to know if you think it's worthwhile to continue. If you do, it's cool - I know where this is going, and I'll get it there eventually. Just be aware that you will need some patience, because time is at a premium. But if nobody's reading, then we'll call it good.

So let me know what you think. Thanks!

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."