Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#268820 01/31/16 11:49 PM
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
It's been more than 10 years since I've written any fanfic. Back then Lois and Clark was still showing in reruns on TNT, and I remember thinking that it would be the best thing in the world if it ever came out on DVD, because I had basically worn out all my old tapes. A lot of life has happened in the meantime - got married, had 3 kids. And free time...I kinda forget what that was.

Anyway, last summer a few things happened that led to this. The first was a comic-con that they held in town. I ended up going because I saw that Dean Cain was going to be there, and the family got our picture taken with him (and BTW THAT was kinda weird...I took my husband to meet my high school crush). About that time, I also started to buy a few comic books so I could get wise on the backstory of The Flash, which we had been watching religiously. As my Amazon bill grew, I was reminded of reading fanfic back in the day when I wanted more Lois and Clark. The fanfic was mercifully free, which was a wonderful thing for a college student...comics, not so much. Anyway, after I read the Flash comics I bought, then read them another 10 or 20 times, I started to look for something else to read, and decided to go back to my old fic.

I will be the first to admit that some of my old stories are kind of silly and maybe not as polished as I would like. But the ideas are fun. Reading through them got my mind working, and a nugget of a new story began to firm. Then it became all I could think about, and I just had to write it down. But here's the thing: between a full-time job, kids, activities, trying to keep my house up, trying to keep the weight down, etc...it doesn't leave a lot of time for writing. And honestly I'm not sure that anyone out there will even want to read this. So this is where you, dear readers, come in: I want to know if you think it's worthwhile to continue. If you do, it's cool - I know where this is going, and I'll get it there eventually. Just be aware that you will need some patience, because time is at a premium. But if nobody's reading, then we'll call it good.

So let me know what you think. Thanks!

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Kerth
Kerth
VERY pleased to see another story in this series. I hope that Sam's former teammate really was fooled.

Loved your take on the Superman movie - it's so unlike L&C that with a few minor changes it works very well as fiction in their world. I'm planning to do something similar with the Supergirl TV series in my Supergirl Returns crossover series.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
I am very happy to see you writing again. I have read your previous stories and am excited to read more!!!

G. Kuhn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am very happy to see you writing again especially about Sam Wayne. Love it,

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Good to see you back on the boards. Taking time for yourself is important, and finding a quiet place to escape into the world of fanfic can be a creative mental break from everything else going on in RL. So keep writing! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delighted to see you back, just reread the last story in the series and it was delightful. I plan to go back and reread the whole series.

BTW since you are a Flash fan, and that series already has a Multiverse and L&C has a multiverse, think crossovers.

Looking forward to more of "Gotham Nights"

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am new to reading your stories. This is a good concept. Keep it up!
Oh yes, Welcome back!!! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great to see you back writing Cindy. I'm looking forward to this story. I read all your earlier ones, but I get to go back and read them because I've forgotten.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Wow. Just read the entire series in a week, and now have a fanfic hangover. The interactions between 'Sam' and Clark are hilarious smile Can't wait to see where you go from here. Hope we get to see a bit more of laura though .. All the other characters now feel familiar, but I'm still trying to work out what makes laura tick! Anyway, awesome job!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I took a look at this, even though I've never felt like I had the time to tackle the series, thinking I might enjoy it anyway. I enjoyed the first few paragraphs so much, and became immediately intrigued as to how CJ had to become Sam Wayne, that I decided I WOULD find the time. I've have also spent the whole week reading the complete series.

The only downside ... I now have to wait for updates!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks everyone for the feedback and the encouragement. smile It's nice to have people rediscovering those old stories. I'm moving along on the new one - it'll probably be another week, though, until I can post a new part. There will definitely be more Laura in the story - this was actually conceived as her story, but the nice thing about having it set in Gotham is that it can be both hers and CJ's. It's more fun that way.

Thanks again!

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cindy, thanks for providing the links to this series with this part. I'll take note and pass them along to Lauren, so that they can be linked together on the Archive.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard