Weekend and such! hyper
Clark drove Lois home via her favorite Italian restaurant, where he picked up pasta for the two of them.
With cannoli filled with cream and chocolate? Will they eat in her laundry room?

“I can handle it, Lois, if the gangs don’t bother me,” he said.
Gangs? In *her* neighborhood? And Clark lets her stay there? Or Lex, for that matter?
LOIS: cat ‘lets me’ ?

She leaned against her doorframe. “You stayed on that bench all night in the cold to look after me?” She said it in a tone that implied that she thought he was half-crazy.
Or contemplating a 500 yards injunction.

He had now read the entire Daily Planet, at human speed, cover to cover, including the want ads. Only three more hours, give or take, until sunrise.
Is he going to read the Metropolis Star next? Or LFI?
LOIS: shock I can’t believe you’d read that filth. And in *public*!
CLARK: /puts away the Star/ [Linked Image] There were funny comics?

Even if she did think he kissed better than Luthor.

His brow furrowed.

Lois had strange ideas about family.
Unless Lex kisses like her father?

She probably only had a nightmare. With everything that was going on in her life, Clark would’ve been more surprised if she didn’t have any.
Like the one where she is chained above a vat of boiling acid?
LOIS: Silly! That’s the one where I put together all the clues to the drug lord’s hideout and Superman sweeps in to make the arrest. I get a Pulitzer and Superman carries me off to his castle in the clouds to make love to me.

Why continue to stand there and watch at him?
What if Lois was the one doing the blackmailing herself. That way, she has a reasonable out without losing face. Plus, she could tease Clark without actually having to put herself out there.

Terrific. Super man he wasn’t. No wonder his glasses disguise was so convincing. Such a misnomer as Superman only helped him hide in plain sight more easily.
He and Kara really *are* related.

“Clark?” a familiar female voice called out to him.

He glanced around and saw Linda King. She had emerged from the other side of the park behind him.
Huh. That’s a coincidink…

“I’m… uh…” He didn’t want to tell Lois’s biggest rival from college about her current blackmail problem.
Yeah, you wouldn’t want to have the competition know that you’re peddling yesterday’s news as a headline.

Isn’t it a little early in the day to start lying?”
No, he’s Superman.
Later, at the liar’s anonymous meeting:
KAL-EL: Hi, I’m Kal-El, and I have a problem.
CROWD: Hello, Kal-El!

“Linda… um… Lois’s involvement in the Carpenter case was a little more than just a teeny-tiny bit.”
No, the female lead character was Linda King.

Leave Metropolis behind you like a bad dream and be freelance for a while. Just sail on the wind and see where it takes you.”

He started to shake his head. He wasn’t going to give in, and let Luthor win, not yet. Anyway, he had already done that and the wind had brought him to Metropolis.
Cute!

“Clark, I know you think the world of Lois, heaven knows why, but she isn’t this wholesome goody-goody that she pretends to be.
CAT: rotflol Right…

. I bet we could be better than before, if it were just the two of us.”
But Clark prefers triangles.

Clark took hold of Linda’s hand and pulled her closer, setting his other hand on her waist.
So, is he falling for her act?

His fingers dipped into the large pocket of her jacket and extracted a manila envelope.
Apparently not.

a photo of Lois dressed only in a negligee.
That’s a new one.
CLARK: Jackpot!

“How could I? That witch ruined my life! First, she told the Ethics Board at Metropolis U that I stole her story, which put a black mark on my career before it even started.
We…she did earn it huh
LINDA: Whose side are you on, exactly?

We both know Lois didn’t get that job because of her grammatical skills.”
CLAUDE: Maybe, but she certainly didn’t get it for her horizontal skills.

Linda groaned. “Oh, please! She was on the front page her first year out of Met. U.
Busting a corrupt politician in a tax scandal?

I bet she’s never even seen the inside of the Wedding Registry’s office or had her byline on the Obits page.”
What about when she announced her engagement? Or when she will announce her dumped fiancé’s suicide?

“And blackmailing her evens the scales?” he replied.
A hobby, then?

Isn’t that like hiring the fox to guard the hen house?”
LEX: He’s got no teeth.

“I can’t. I don’t have ‘em.”
Oh? She’s not alone in it after all? And here I figured she snuck the camera after one of her nights of passion with Paul.
LINDA: I certainly wouldn’t let him have naked pictures of me. What do you think I am? Stupid? Never expected the film to have been used, though.

I’ve already sold them.”
Oh?

“No,” Linda replied with a sly smile. “Lex Luthor.”
shock At least, now we know why you turned out Linda in part 3 of 4.5. thud

Linda sure was unexpected. clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.