I like this chapter too. smile But I don't think they could have been pushed into making decisions about their relationship without the pressure of the previous chapter, which is why I loved that chapter.

Well, hopefully, theoretically, since Clark realized way back in chapter three that telling Lois was the next step if he was going to move their relationship forward, it doesn't come across as out of the blue. He's been thinking about it for months. It's sort of like having a contingency plan and then you can implement it right when the appropriate circumstances come into play. And the whole fic Clark has been vacillating between some pretty extreme emotions as far as Lois goes. So it made sense in my brain that he'd swing that far, especially given the fact that he realized it was impossible to have a romantic relationship with Lois without telling her. Anyway! Let me know if the wrap-up feels too forced.

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)