Hi Sue!

This has been sitting on my hard drive for about six years now, gathering dust.
/eyes scollbar/ Aww, what an adorable little dustball clap

Once I was home, I set it next to the black velvet jeweler's box holding two rings that might never be used.
/scratches head/ Engagement ring next to the wedding rings?

No, make that used again. They were briefly put to use for a couple of weeks. Clark had worn his in earnest, while the woman who wore mine had only been pretending.
confused Oh, right. The ARRGH!
CLOIS: Ribbit?

But it's too late to complain, or scream, or cry, or do anything. The decision has been made. Clark is leaving. Tomorrow morning he'll fly off to save a planet he never knew. It's a war, so he might never return. Even if he does come back, he might never be the same.
Oh. Duh! It’s Lois and she bought the silver chain on which to hang her wedding ring.

That's when I realize that I didn't buy the chain for me. I bought for it Clark.
Awww…

Tomorrow I have to let him go. I have to let him fulfill his destiny.
Somebody should tell her that the lords can have concubines on New Krypton.
ZARA: I wouldn’t mind playing the Irulan to Lois’s Chani.
CHING: thumbsup

He's coming over soon to say goodbye. I'll give the chain and ring to him then, and ask him to keep that fragment of my heart safe with him, no matter what the future brings.
Did I already mention ‘awwwwwww’?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.