Originally Posted by HappyGirl
Thank you, Virginia, for the challenge.
Um... you're welcome [Linked Image] but aren't you the one to suggest this First Line Challenge? Yes, although I must admit, reading through those Elvis song titles stirred my inspiration as well.

clap This was a terrific tale! What a great way for Lois and Clark to meet! I was beginning to wonder why Clark was at the airport (thankfully, NOT to meet Lana).

I love the reaction from Martha and Jonathan and how they just went with the flow! Very enjoyable!

My guess, is that Lois had been dating Lex Luthor, but something happened making her suspicious of his activities, so she broke it off. However, Lex wouldn't take 'no' for an answer, so she told him that she got back together with an ex-boyfriend living in DC (or met someone else who just happened to live in DC). She really was meeting a source in DC to tell her information about Luthor bribing congressmen and needed another excuse for heading to the city than "I'm investigating you!" when he asked.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.