Thanks, guys! I really appreciate all the feedback! I can see why people get hooked on writing fan fiction wink It's a really different experience than writing my own books.

Virginia, I love that you pointed out their separation is actually a good thing! It's one of the things I hated about this point in the series. They really need the time apart in order to be forced to grow and I think (although obviously it isn't feasible for a TV show that's trying to prolong a series) it could have short-cutted some of the personal development that happens later (or at least we see the results of it later).

Ultra woman, I don't really foresee any scenario where I don't finish this now that I've started posting it. I'm pretty OCD about finishing stuff, and a) I love this fic and b) it's keeping me from working on my own stuff, so I kinda have to finish it. I'm in the middle of publishing my second book and my third book is outlined and the first two pages written. I took a break on my own writing when I was really sick and now I'm kinda stuck with this until I finish it smile

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)