Wow. Wow. Wow! I had to go back and re-read that whole last section again, it was so beautiful. I would quote some of my favorite passages, my favorite descriptions, but then I'd be quoting it all.

You make forgiveness the sexiest quality in a man. I love the way you have Clark's eyes light up. I can picture it. I am in the room, a dragonfly watching this whole scene unfold (because, really, ew, who wants to be a regular ol' housefly?).

I love that the choice Clark finally made was not between Superman and Clark Kent, but between a silent Superman alone in the world, a Clark Kent without Lois, and a Clark Kent with Lois. While Lois may have stolen away Clark's life with her article, she really stole it away when he first fell in love with, was moved to be better by her. He didn't see Lois's article as her taking away Clark's privacy but more as Lois breaking his heart. When, up on the rooftop, he finally could rephrase that description to Lois trying to hurt Clark less, to Lois trying to ease Clark's fall out of the sky, break his fall so that it didn't hurt so much, he was able to once again see that a life as Clark with Lois preferable to one without her, no matter how or who he lived it as.

As a writer, you've once again wow'd me with the poetry of your prose. Can't wait to see how you'll tie up the last bit of this bow.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.