And once again, I am dreadfully late -- I hope you all can forgive me for not sticking to my schedule as well as I usually do! It's hard to be properly contrite, though, when I come back to such wonderful feedback! smile

I played around with Lois being suspicious about the source of her new interview, Lynn, but in the end, it just didn't feel right. This Lois has been baptized in guilt and fire, and I think she's come through with a better understanding of other people and herself -- hard-won, but useful. She knows that just like before, in the beginning of the story, it's James who protects Clark and everything around him. It does seem like the perfect job for her, doesn't it? wink

While writing the bit about Clark/Superman's cover story, KatharineKent, I found myself caught by the possibilities too -- if I lived in-world, I might have to write fanfiction about the daring exploits of Clark and his family and the epic friendship between him and Superman! laugh A lifetime contract? Well, James didn't say how long the job would last, did he... smile

Thanks, LMA! I love the full-circle feeling of this scene too. Lois hasn't had to just earn Clark's trust; she's had to earn James's, too, and that's actually been one of my favorite things to write since it came as something of a surprise even to me! I'm all for healing at this stage, too -- enough bleakness for me!

I did like that Clark tried not to lie, scifiJoan -- as you said, it seemed to suit him. Also, though, I think some of that was surely James trying to help him out, knowing how hard it would be for him. It does seem somewhat blasphemous (if I may use the word) not to have Lois Lane working at the Daily Planet with Clark Kent, but actions have consequences, and this time, the long-reaching consequence for Lois is that she lost her place at the paper. Still, she hasn't lost all hope!

It would be nice if the two remaining chapters could tie everything up, wouldn't it, DC? I'm hoping so, if only because this story is already too long! help Lois has helped people in her career, but I think she's forgotten that.

One of the things I love about the fourth season, cuidadora, is seeing how far Lois will go and how much she's willing to sacrifice to save Clark, or even Superman's reputation. Newsworthy-Lois hasn't gone through the same things, of course, but I wanted to show her coming to the same place -- from a selfish destructive action, she has now come to a selfless, sacrificing decision, and that's the journey I really wanted to explore. As to her Pulitzer, it's mentioned, but I doubt really addressed. My knowledge of such things is incredibly hazy, anyway, but the story's focus was on other things. (One of these days, I'll stop being so lazy and do more research, but for now...)

Sorry about your laptop, Christina -- I don't know what I'd do if mine decided to lock me out! shocked Interesting theories as always!

So glad that precarious feeling came through in the story, groobie! His secret never WILL be as safe, but Clark chose to take the risk anyway (one of my personal favorite moments simply because it showcases his quiet bravery). It's taken this Lois a lot of time and pain, but she's finally come through to where we all knew she belonged! smile

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback and patience!