Victoria, thank you. Yeah, Clark has a way of changing people's lives, even when he doesn't realize the impact he is having.

Virginia, interesting that you read it as "his gal." What I actually wrote was only "a gal." I actually like your version better. Yeah, Lois would be upset by it, but I have a feeling that Clark would be far more upset at being mistaken for an angel. (In his case, he wouldn't be upset as in angry, more upset as in flustered and uncomfortable.)

Susan, I've vague recollections of reading that story, or one like it. IIRC, someone may even have had photographs added to the story. I wish I could remember the author or the title; it was a good one. (I had forgotten about it when I wrote this story.)

Annie, since the narrator hasn't been to church in years, he probably doesn't know this priest and is just assuming that all priests can keep secrets well. Let's hope that he is right, at least about this one.

DC, one of the best super shorts you've read? Wow! That is high praise, especially since I know that you have immersed yourself in fanfic. I imagine that his meeting Clark was indeed the turning point in his life, and that much of your speculation is accurate.

Laura, one never knows how one's words are going to affect others. I'm so glad that my word choice helped bring back happy memories.

Cuidadora, thank you. One of my favorite authors, Fredric Brown, was a master of the short story. He made me see that incredibly powerful tales can be told in less than half a page. Although I am nowhere at his skill level, his stories have greatly influenced my writing.

Joy,
Lynn