Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I'll keep that in mind, Marcus. When I stop by my local office supply store to pick up those thumbdrives, I'll take a gander at Windows 10. If, like Windows 8, it's made for a Smart Phone instead of desktop computer, I'll skip it.
I refused Windows 8 because of its smart-phone-like appearance, too. But I've been using Windows 10 for some time now and I'm liking it. I disabled all the privacy invading options and it's working fine so far. It's faster than Windows 7 and I'm thinking about to switch definitely to 10.
I downloaded Windows 10 yesterday after checking it out at Staples. I use Windows 8 at work and HATE it, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to be as evil. I need to review that article that Lynn referenced above again to make sure I turned off all the privacy control issues. I like that I UNpin the stuff I don't like from my start menu and task bar (such as Shopping and sports... ugh!)

The one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to make my Task Bar icons larger. It seems as if my eyesight has deteriorated overnight. Everything, including font, is sooooooo small in Windows 10. huh I also don't like that it assumes that it was downloaded onto a movable laptop/iPad computer. I, too, am hoping that some of my slowness issues will have disappeared, but I haven't worked with it long enough to notice any improvement.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.