Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

Hidden Moon, I also learned early to back up. (So early in fact that I recall when floppy discs were floppy.) This is why I bought the external terabyte drive. It was supposed to automatically back up the important stuff on my computer every week, instead it installed a migraine program. (The one good thing it did was save everything from my old computer, so that I could transfer it to this computer when it was new. THEN, it broke down.)

I'll definitely have to invest some thumbdrives, Michael. I'm not one to trust my "hardcopies" of my writing to something I can't touch. With my luck, I'd put everything on the cloud and then the next week, the Internet would get infected with the worst super virus and everything would be lost. Nuh-uh. No way.

I'll keep that in mind, Marcus. When I stop by my local office supply store to pick up those thumbdrives, I'll take a gander at Windows 10. If, like Windows 8, it's made for a Smart Phone instead of desktop computer, I'll skip it.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/09/15 01:20 AM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.