Hey, glad the flashbacks made things come in a bit clearer. I've always known I had to do them, but actually getting to them was a bit nerve-wracking. It does make sense, scifiJoan, with her early S1 unwillingness to trust anyone. Kryptonite is always a troublesome possibility!

Reacts. Such a good word, LMA, and the very core of what happened. It wasn't a cold-blooded, manipulative, thought-out act. It was a knee-jerk reaction that she regretted almost immediately but still can't change. Still not admirable, but definitely not as vindictive as some suspected! And boy, I WISH I could bandage up James. But as I've written the story, he's turned into one of my favorites, and that, unfortunately, means that he gets beat up. huh Just the way it works. Hopefully there IS a good way to spin this!

I thought of having Luthor come in, DC, but Trask was always the main villain for this story, and I've done Luthor in other stories -- I'd hate to get too predictable! Everything really does add to Lois's PTSD, doesn't it? Hmm, what a coincidence. wink You know me too well -- I like my characters to really WORK (and bleed, apparently) for their happy ending.

Trask has always intrigued me, groobie, precisely because he IS so unhinged and uninhibited. He literally doesn't care what others think of him, and even more frighteningly, he thinks of himself as a hero. Always a bad situation. And I'm glad you know what happens -- definitely been a help to me to have your great insights and thoughts!

Thank you, everyone! Hope you enjoy the next chapter!