DC, Thanks for the suggestion. I only need one scene, though, and I think the "Rosebud" scene would work better for the class.

Victoria, thank you so much!!! As much as I enjoy the show and would love to share more of it with my class, I can really only justify spending class time on the section with the dialog I quoted above. I'm actually delighted that I'll be able to use even this much of this scene. It's the first time I've found a way of working my favourite show into my computer classes. And I must admit that I will be having the class view the clip critically; i.e., we will not only be discussing how Hollywood got it right that seemingly inconsequential knowledge can be used to compromise security (and that a depressing number of people base their passwords on the things that everyone who reads their Facebook accounts knows they love), but also about what they did wrong: Hackers generally don't try to break in by typing password guesses at the keyboard, and hacking into a system generally takes *far* longer than depicted in the clip.

But although we will be dissecting that few second clip from an info-sec perspective, I hope those few seconds also give the students a feel that Clark Kent does not necessarily fit the stereotype.

Thanks again so much -- your help will definitely make the class more interesting. I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Joy,
Lynn