Wow. Wow. Wow.

I finished this section 20 minutes ago, and still, I don't think I've fully taken it in.

Amazing. Your ability to create such emotion, so raw, so right there as you are reading it. It's very impressive. As a reader, it's like riding a roller coaster...hoping--when things are going well, hurting--when there is dispair. And then you get into the romantic stuff--whoa grin /woo-hoo hyper / YES! dance--and things go up to an even higher notch notworthy hail.

And the hours slip away. After just a few moments, she forgets to be nervous or afraid, forgets to doubt herself. After just a few easy exchanges between her and Clark as they bounce sentences back and forth (sentences, but not the pen; he always makes her write their chosen words down), she forgets that she and Clark haven’t worked together for years, for decades, for all their lives, bound and twined together until there is no way to tell them apart. After just a few lines of blatant black ink spilled over white paper (bringing use and purpose out of emptiness), she forgets that they really don’t have as much evidence, as many hard facts, as Perry would demand of them. She forgets everything but that this is what she was born for, what she is good at, what she loves doing.

You had the tears flowing here. This is them.

How brilliant of Clark to get them back to where they started--their partnership. Writing. Investigating. Working together. My favorite sentence (in this paragraph, but also in this entire section) was, 'And the hours slip away.' That small sentence really, completely, totally makes me think that 'they' will be ok. Individually but also together--yes, together wink. These hours--as they worked on their story--I'm guessing, were probably the most relaxed, the most natural, the most rewarding, and also (and most importantly) the most authentic time that either has spent as themselves since the beginning of all of this. That they each can find this 'place'--that it still exists, and amazingly, that it exists with them together? HUGE. Love it party.

Those feather-light kisses--WAFF at its finest. Painful to think where Lois is at the moment as this chapter comes to a close. But Clark...the fact that he is making these moves, is bringing them closer. I think things are going a lot better between them than Lois thinks.

But, yes, they definitely NEED to talk. There is still so much distance--so much healing--that needs to take place.

Lovely! smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/26/15 07:41 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~