Yea! Clark is back to normal (except that ache in his chest). Lois and Clark are back to writing front page stories. Why would Perry ever want to keep a team like that apart? They sell papers!

The art has been found. Lex didn't come back to life (you never know with that guy) and even got frozen himself for good measure. thumbsup Love the irony. The blackmail victims/co-conspirators (depending on your POV) weren't forgotten.

Of course, Clark had to go back to Vienna. It only makes sense. You're only as good as the story you didn't work on because you dropped it; the front page story already old news. I'm glad Joe gave Clark a good slap on the back of the head. He needed it, even if it meant he heard something about himself he didn't much like. Although, I'm not surprised to hear that Clark had closed himself off from making close friends after what happened in Metropolis. He probably didn't want to be hurt again.

Lois! (slaps her on the back of the head) Come on, woman! Did you really think that Clark could drop his whole life and follow you on the same flight like a puppy? It's more realistic and believable (and probably better for his self-esteem) that he didn't. Love isn't worth as much if one doesn't have to fight for it. I hope she gives Perry a what-for and tells him that he HAS to hire Clark back when she arrives back in Metropolis only to have Perry tell her he's already spoken to Clark. LOL. Maybe they'll end up in Paris instead. evil

This is has been a great story and a fun ride! Can't wait to see how you wrap it all up in the next part. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.