Hey, DC, I'm glad I was finally able to provoke some happy tears instead of sad ones! smile Glad you saw the garden twist coming!

Thanks, Virginia! Lois's strong suit definitely isn't patience, and so to me, it seemed like a lot of her self-imposed penance here is being fulfilled simply BY waiting behind for them, stopping herself from doing anything that might backfire for this family. Loved getting to see your thought process on her view of Clark there on the rooftop -- and exactly right! He's in his element here, as unhindered as he was only in Smallville, which she ignored, so it takes her aback, because he is so REAL here to her. I don't know that I could ever do a romantic comedy -- though I thank you for the vote of confidence! smile -- because comedy is HARD. I definitely admire people like you who can pull it off for more than a conversation or page!

Tsk, tsk, Lynn, looking at how much of the story is left. That doesn't really help me with lulling you into a false sense of security. grin

Glad you enjoyed the banter, cuidadora! It actually flowed very smoothly, perhaps because I've never gone so far writing L&C without a few snarky comments scattered about.

Thanks, scifiJoan! I loved the bits with the garden -- even though I personally know nothing about them!

Glad you enjoyed, groobie! (And thanks for your patience concerning those last few chapters I'm supposed to be sending to you! blush )

Thank you, everyone! Hope you all enjoy the next chapter!