Originally Posted by groobie
I'm glad you decided to write this companion piece - the first story was great for its unique perspective, but this one is equally emotional. I like that Martha thought about Clark's biological parents - how hard it must have been for them to send Clark away. My sister-in-law and cousin have both had fertility issues, and this story really made me think about them and feel for their struggle. Very good story!

Thank you for the kind words. We dealt with IF too - our first IVF failed spectacularly and then our second try (frozen transfer as opposed to fresh) gave us our twins. Had that cycle failed, we were prepared to start looking into adoption, just to get our names on the (very long) wait list, even though we weren't going to abandon the IVF route.

For me, even though we didn't/won't be adopting (I'd like to use the rest of our frozen embryos and if they don't pan out, I'll be happy with my two girls), it was easy to slip into J&M's heads and find their joy and fear - joy at having a son, fear that something might go wrong and make them lose him.

Hugs to your SIL and cousin! I'll be praying for them.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon