Hi guys, sorry it took me so long: I have to go to McDonald's for internet.

Anywho, this fic was written pretty quickly, so I didn't really delve into motivations or anything; I think if I had sat down and made a longer fic (which I still might...possibly), I would have delved more into the hows and whys (although I admit that, having thought about it and read the comments, my ideas for why Cat agreed don't seem as plausible as I thought at first, so that will need thinking.)

Mostly, my intent in posting was A) to hopefully entertain (of course), but also I was hoping to get a ball or two rolling with such a wild idea. We have a lot of creative FoLCs on these boards, and I wondered if the scent of such a wild idea would inspire some ideas from further out of left field. Plus, I hadn't written anything all week and was starting to go bananas. :p

(Also: Fic was un-beta'd. A beta probably would have smacked me and made me fill in the plot-holes.)

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I wish I could have laughed at "scientist with a turkey baster," but it actually struck a very sad vibe with me.

Do you mean Sad as in "pathetic" or sad as in "makes you wanna cry"? If the first, I'll admit that my knowledge of Artificial Insemination is spotty at best and mostly comes from jokes and sitcoms, but if the latter, I'm afraid I don't understand the reaction then. Clark didn't actually want to sleep with Cat, so they did it the other way, which is a totally valid way to make babies as far as I know. Did I do something wrong?

Again, thanks to everyone who read, and I'm glad I was able to make some of you laugh. I'll try to be more coherent next time. ...Probably. ...Unless I have a really wild idea that's too tempting to pass up. grin

ETA: Also, Lynn was 99% right about Clark's motivation; I was actually thinking that Jor-El had somehow hot-wired his son to be compatible with Earth Women, but it would only last for 8 months. He didn't want to jeopardize his pursuit of Lois by giving her Superman too early, but he and Cat got to be friends somehow and...well, here we are. As for shooting himself in the foot--well, he is a lunkhead, after all. wink

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 07/30/15 11:51 AM.

~•~