Let me be the first one to comment on this story.

By the time he got to Macon, he felt strong enough to fly. Momentarily he considered turning in the rental car there and flying the rest of the way, but instead decided to conserve his energy and return it at the next town.

Bourg-en-Bresse wasn't a particularly large city. It was an easy matter to track down the rental car agency and pay for the car - and the window repair. Then he found a deserted spot and took to the sky.

Clark flew high over the main road between Geneva and Chamonix, scanning frantically for traces of Lois and Luthor. The road was practically deserted; so far he'd only seen two vehicles since leaving Geneva, and he was starting to worry that he'd missed them.

You have done a lot of research on the European roads and it shows. We can see that Clark is as familiar with this area as he is with Metropolis and New Troy. This adds a lot of realism to the story.

He felt rather than saw the kick aimed for him, one that would push him over the edge of the cliff face. With a superhuman effort, he rolled at the last second.

The momentum of the vicious kick missing caught Luthor off guard. Unable to get his balance back, he pitched forward over the sheer drop ahead.

Clark made one wild grab at the falling man and missed, the pain of his action causing him to curl into an agonised ball.

Lex's madness is very evident here. Who is the real freak? Certainly not Clark, his adversary's determination to kill him, Clark tries to save his life. In the end proving he is the real human.

“We need to get you to a hospital.”

“No!”

The vehement exclamation was followed by a groan. She glanced at him, seeing the beads of sweat collecting on his forehead. “Clark -”

“No hospital,” he repeated. “All I need is -”

Lois cut him off in frustration. “Time and sunlight. I know.”

She put the car into gear and turned it around, heading back towards Paris.

Don't worry Clark, she's learning! grin

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.