I'm sorry; I wasn't clear in my earlier post. I mean that I thought that I would have to wait until the next reboot -- several years from now -- to find anything worthwhile. Because there is *always* another reboot, if you wait long enough...

I hope you're right that the New 52 Superman will disappear soon. The only problem is that what we've seen so far of the semi-post-New-52 Superman looks even worse than the New 52 one. I wrote "semi-post-New-52" since he is still supposed to be the New 52 version, but he seems to have changed for the worse. I don't care very much what he happens to wear, or whether he is (temporarily, I am sure) depowered, but any version of the character who would have as foul a mouth as this one does crosses the line for me. And it's not just that I don't like swearing -- if I were a Batman fan, and the writers had that character using language that would make a sailor blush, I wouldn't mind so much. I could see such language as being in character for Bruce. But Clark's speech should be a lot cleaner, IMHO.

Joy,
Lynn