Originally Posted by groobie
Ah, flashbacks to 12 years ago, when my water broke a month early and my husband panicked, cursing as he tried to install the car seat! smile I was worried when the doctors told Clark that they had a girl before you wrote that the baby cried, because that gave me a flashback, too - Neal's APGAR was 2 at birth (nothing except a heartbeat), and I knew that something was wrong because he wasn't crying. (He was fine after 3 days in the NICU.) Here's hoping their baby is healthy and they get to take her home soon. smile

Ah, that's scary!

When my girls were born, I heard the doctor say "9:51 and 9:52" before I heard them cry. I panicked! But in the next second or so, I heard dual crying and that's when I started to cry in relief and joy. I'm not even sure what their AGARs were - no one ever told us. I think I might have seen 9 on some paperwork that we had to give the pediatrician at the first appointment, but they were 38 weekers, so, there's that. smile

Without spoiling anything, Lois and Clark's daughter is fine. She's just getting a little oxygen boost and being kept nice and toasty warm.

Car seats - don't even get me started. My '99 Corolla doesn't/didn't (we're getting rid of it - we bought a new minivan last week) have the latch system in it, nor do the rear seatbelts lock to stay tight, so we had to keep it tight with a metal clip. It took the car seat trained policewoman an hour to get both installed in my car ((we couldn't get it tight for the life of us) on the hottest day of the summer. I was very glad I had thought to make a plate of brownies as a thank you!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon