Yay! Finally getting a chance to read this! (It's been a long, long week.)

this unlikely family brought together not by blood, but by choice, by love, by loyalty

I love this.

so much stronger than the simple blood ties between her own family.

An this is where it hurts for her, because she knows she could have genuinely felt like a part of this family.

He said he likes to attune his hearing to us. So if we notice that he’s upset or tired, we can talk to him.

Ooh, is Lois going to talk to Clark a bunch when she goes off to bed later?

But there is no word of Clark Kent.

Ah, to be swallowed up by the idea of "celebrity" status. The pain has to be extra deep for him now, because he knows that they knew he's Clark.

It’s been happening since she first stormed into Perry’s office and slammed down her article

Even before then. From the first moment Superman appeared, the man was swallowed up by the avatar.

(she could pick it in her sleep even without Jimmy’s lessons),

clap

And Clark--Superman--is standing there, coming up short at the sight of her.

Yay!

“Well, I don’t actually need much food,” she says sarcastically (suddenly so aggravated, so annoyed by him, that she wonders how anyone could look at him and not see Clark, even without the glasses), “but I find that two or three good meals a day drastically affects my outlook on life.”

rotflol

“Being Clark Kent was selfish.”

Annnnnnnd there's the knife in my heart.

“But it doesn’t need Clark Kent.”

Lois, here's where you tell him that's not true and how much you've missed him.

Aaaannd...I'm crying along with Lois. So, so, so sad. Lois, go to your room and start talking to Clark, hoping he'll hear you. Please? Pretty please?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon