*sees there's a new chapter, dances happily, then goes back to reading*

The woman wore a handkerchief on her head and numerous cheap rings on her fingers. She was portly and dark skilled, and she was laying out cards on the table.
Did you mean "dark skinned"?

The woman looked at her with a jaded expression. Lois wondered how long it was before she tried to get more money out of them.

Before Lois could snatch her hand back, the woman grabbed her hand with a surprisingly strong grip.

She stiffened, and for a moment Lois thought she saw a genuine look of surprise in the other woman's eyes. The other woman quickly schooled her expression into something more neutral as she took Lois's other hand and stared at it for a long moment.
Methinks the woman recognized a true old soul connected to this city when she touched Lois.

The woman leaned forward. “He's been waiting a long time for you, the man in your dreams. The time will be soon, but there will be great danger.”
Ooooo.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)