Wow, very powerful chapter! clap

But Lois wasn't convinced anything here had been left to chance. Clark had planned meticulously. He had prepared everything to the smallest detail.

He had stayed in Metropolis ... seemingly because there was a chance that, one day, she would need him.

Centennial Park swept through her memory again. The bench. Clark - hopeful, earnest, desperate to stop her making a huge mistake. And her - blind to the sort of man Luthor was.

And blind to Clark, too.

Lois and Clark doing a very complicated dance of their emotions and feelings. Clark lovingly preparing a safe place for the possibility no matter how remote Lois would need it. And struggling to maintain the facade of friend, while his meticulous preparations show Lois just how much he cares. Nice to see she can see though it!

Lois swivelled silently and stared at his back.

She wondered if he realised that he now slumped a little, whereas before he had stood straight. She wondered if he knew that his eyes were continually downcast, whereas before he had met the world straight on. She wondered if he knew that his mouth never broke into that trademark smile.

She wondered if he knew that she understood the extent of the damage done by her decision to trust a man utterly unworthy of trust.

What a beautiful way to describe Lois's enlightenment.

"Clark," Lois said. "I'm so sorry."

"None of this is your fault."

"It's all my fault. I should have been able to see the truth. You tried to show me."

Lois taking responsibility for her actions, even though she hasn't actually taken them yet.

Outside of their haven, the scratches and scuffles continued.

But they didn't matter.

Because she was with Clark.

Lois recognizes her safe haven with Clark. What a wonderful way to end this chapter. dance

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly