MikeM

I loved all of the details of the wedding. Obviously much research went into this.

I especially loved this part
Quote:

Bernie bent down and whispered in his wife’s ear, “Es-tu prete, Ma cherie?” (Ready, my darling?)

Abrihet looked up at him, a radiant smile showed brilliant white teeth, how one’s heart could contain such happiness! “Oui!” Was her only reply. Gathering the skirt of her dress, they took to the floor in their first dance as husband and wife, a charming, flawlessly executed waltz. Seeing how graceful Abrihet was surprised no one. But to watch her new mate glide across the floor like a latter day Fred Astaire was something of a shock to the guests from America. Especially the Kents who had no idea he would dance at his reception, much less waltz!

“Wow! Talk about impressive!” Lois turned to a middle-aged woman, one of Abrihet’s colleagues and said, “Madame Allaire, were you aware that Bernie could dance so well? How long have they been practicing?” Lois asked.

Ooh, this part took literally months to write. There was a tremendous amount of material about getting married in Paris, but I also had to let people know a little bit about Nigerian wedding ceremonies and their customs.

Keeping in mind Bernie is always presented as being a little klutzy, yet sweet I thought dancing the waltz would be a nice way to introduce the new and improved Bernie! It turned out a lot better than what was previously written. Good thing too, because I wasn't even sure there would be a reception!

Epilogue to come!

Last edited by Morgana; 06/13/15 03:33 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.