Lovely story. The love stories were very delicately crafted, and the details were, as always in your stories, meticulously placed, which helps make the world feel so real and three-dimensional. There were a lot of angles in this story, a lot of different characters that had their own plots and character-arcs, and all of it was handled very deftly. A very compelling story all around. It was interesting to delve into a few of the repercussions of Lois having powers and being a superhero with Clark; that would be quite the change in their lifestyles, and would give some difficulties to their secret identities. What I found most interesting was the idea of a rock that could neutralize the effects of the Kryptonite -- what is it? It was intimated that it came from Krypton, so did it just get a different kind of radiation? How far does its effects last? Obviously, you don't need much of it, since they are both only wearing small rings, so it's fascinating that it's at least on an even par with the Kryptonite. I like that Klein was so careful about the effects of it, and that he took seriously what the consequences could be of exposing the Kents with this X-element.

Besides that, I love that Jimmy was getting ready to propose to Lucy, and that he was able to face Lois calmly. It's nice that Clark didn't feel threatened by Lois taking over his superhero turf, and of course, he was definitely in-character by insisting he be the one to be exposed to the strange rock first.

You know I'm not as big a fan of Lex as you are, but I thought it was really believable that coming face to face with his own faults reflected back on him from a more powerful person would cause him to second-guess himself and take a long look at where he was. I still don't entirely trust him, but it was nice to see that, just as Clark always believes, there is still a kernel of redemption in everyone.

Great story, Morgana! So glad you managed to write this series even with all the distractions RL offers you!