What a chapter, Anti-K. Wow.

I'm so glad that Lois got some time with Jonathan, Martha, and again, with James. I think that time will be really important for when she does get to see Clark again. She's getting some perspective--as slim as it is--of 'life' right now. Of Clark's world. Of what things are like. I think having that understanding can't do anything but benefit her.

Like Susan pointed out, everyone is figuring out their way of being around Lois for Clark. Completely for Clark. They know that having Lois here is important to him. Potentially vital to him.

You did an amazing job of evoking Martha and Jonathan's feelings. Wonderful subtle hints here and there that spoke volumes. Really great conversation, too--even if there wasn't a lot of it, it was all so important. Them telling Lois that they aren't angry with her. That's HUGE. And discovering that they look at the situation very much for what it is...a fact of what could have always happened because of their blessing that is Clark.

The moments with James at the end were my favorite. All James wants to do is protect Clark. Shield him from hurt, from Lois. But in his acknowledgments, he admits the truth.

Clark isn't looking at the situation he is in--that Lois put him in--as a reason to hate Lois. He (Clark) sees things differently. Honestly, that's really all that matters when it comes down to blaming anyone--you have to feel betrayed to want to blame. And James even mentions that Clark is missing something. He's not complete. He gives Lois the possibilty of hope--hope that Clark needs her.

To me, the biggest obsticle in this story is building back everything that has been destroyed between Lois and Clark. Foremost trust. Brought about by bad decisions as a reporter. But also, by secret identities and the lies that they create.

Maybe Clark shoulders some of the blame of his current situation because of the (original) situation he created? Maybe there are less 'issues' between them (brought about by Lois' story) than it would originally seem?

Can NOT wait for more! notworthy grovel
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~