Somehow I just knew Lois would have to face all her demons before meeting up with Clark. (Not that Martha, Jonathan, and Jimmy are demons, just other aspects of her guilt personified.) It seems only fitting that before she gets to see her hero (friend) that she has to deal with the impossible to unwrap DVD first (sorry for the horrible analogy). The necessary evil... hmmmm. No way I write this sounds right. The only evil of the Kents are Lois's impression of how she'll be racked over the coals for the way she ruined Clark's and their lives. Instead, their overt kindness and understanding makes what she did seem all the more worse. Will she be in tears again before Clark finally allows her to see him?

Also, I'm wondering about something. Technically, the sun never stops shining. So, hanging out in the sunshine all day (their time)... making Lois wait until nightfall (no pun intended), seems a bit arbitrary, being that he could also spend all night hanging out in the sunshine as well (on the other side of the planet). I'm guessing that he's only hanging out in the sunshine all day, so that when he does finally see Lois, in hope that he doesn't twitch and accidentally knock her across the room. Lois, on the other hand, will probably interpret his delay in another way. As in, Clark is punishing her for what she did. Just as he punishes her by not speaking. (Again, this is probably more in her mind that in actuality.)

I, too, loved the imagery of the Kents donning the mantle of Clark's cape. On the other hand, I only imagined the cape, not the blue suit that comes with it. lol You write in such an enviable manner. As I read, I see the scene come alive before me. Well done. clap

I'm hoping that the next part is where they finally meet up. grovel Any chance of a faster posting schedule?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.