To me, I get the feeling that Clark is feeling very vulnerable.

I mean, obviously he didn't handle telling Lois about his secret in the best way, but he was going to tell her. The procrastinating was so much for Lois, but also, so much for the unknown. He was scared he would loose her. He didn't know how to tell the person that means the most to him that he had been lying to her. And now, for the secret to come out the way that it did--Lois figuring it out on her own, the way that Clark didn't want her to find out--I think Clark is really trying to get his feet out from under him.

It's scary to be vulnerable with your heart--let alone when you know that person is The One. Add to that his secret. Add to that fears of being different, never fitting in. I've gotten the impression from this part that Clark is really just trying to figure things out...stay with the woman he loves, be a father to the baby, make everything 'right'.

I really hated Lois asking Perry for a new partner--but I can see it being a quick, knee-jerk reaction from her. And part of me wondered if maybe going into Perry's office was almost more so to talk? He's like a father to her--maybe she needed guidance (even though she'd have to be pretty vague wink )?

Lois has had some pretty big blows. Finding out that the person you love--your best friend--has been hiding from you. Lying to you. Giving Clark her trust and then sorta having it blow up in her face with his Secret. That would be hard to deal with--especially for someone that has trust issues, especially when you are realizing how MUCH you need to depend on this person (because of the pregnancy). And the biggy: finding out that Lex is probably the father. That is huge news. Even though it was a possibility before, it was a possibility. Now it's the probability. That alone is a LOT to take in.

They both need time--time to figure this all out...

Love the story, DC. Great job smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/25/15 10:59 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~