Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Ok, I've restrained myself until now, but I have to say it: Clark, dear guy, raise up! Because in case you haven't noticed, at the present moment you are lying on the floor, like... A doormat, you know? One thing is being a loving boyfriend, a gentleman... But making puppy eyes and wagging the tail while your girlfriend is treating you like *organic human waste* is a bit too much, in my opinion!

Sorry for the rant, I know I should sympathize more with Lois (who's having a not-so-nice time either), but I can't help thinking that she's overreacting to Clark not telling her about his secret identity, especially considering all the wonderful support he's giving her.

I don't think she's over-reacting at all. Even in canon, she asks for a different partner after the secret comes out. And this Lois has so much more to work through - she's pregnant, has decided to keep the baby, has just found out that her boyfriend has been lying to her for a long time, and knows now that it is almost impossible for the baby she's carrying to be his. Throw in pregnancy hormones and let's be glad she didn't go off to find a piece of Kryptonite. laugh

As for Clark - he's just trying to weather the storm and not cause further damage. Plus, he knows that it's his own fault for not coming clean sooner, and how much Lois is trying to work through.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon