Darth Michael: Thank you for continuing FDK. You brighten my day. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 206 & EW
Where we left Lois and Clark in Part 205…
One More Talk
************* [/quote
Oh, look, last part’s new chapter was just enough for a cliffy teaser. You’re kind of an evil one, aren’t you?
Originally the chapter title was "One Last Talk" but then I realized, they're still talking after this scene. wink Yes, I add a bit of Part 206 into Part 205, because otherwise it would have been a tad short.

LOIS: She’s prevented me from enjoying the Kryptonian fruit for hundreds of parts now, so what do you think?
Why, look at the time. I really should be... [Linked Image] peep

CLARK: /confused/ Why? How does he figure into this? /huh/

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by WC 206
“Yes.”
ER: /flabbergasted/
Oh, ye of little faith. If you reach in to the back recesses of your mind you'll remember that he had been trying to Lois for months before he proposed.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by EW
“Would you have worded it better?”
Telling her about Superman?
The proposal. Also, she figured out the SM thing all on her own.
LOIS: Technically, his lips helped.

“It’s true. Nobody is quite like you, Chuck,” Lois said with a gentle pat to his chest. “It was horrible, though. Did you steal the idea from Mr. Darcy?”
ER: /guessing/Pride and Prejudice?
Yes, THAT Mr. Darcy.

It’s not really on the curriculum in non-English-speaking countries. We got to read about teenagers shooting each other during the First World War and committing suicide just before graduation because they think they flunked the final exams. Separate books.
Wow. That sounds depressing. Truth be told I didn't read it until spent a year abroad in Germany and read through the English language section of the library, which was full of American/British classics. Then, again, who knows what the reading assignments might be at Krypton High.

And no chocolate bar?
CLARK: Great. And here I thought I was doing well.
LOIS: Yes, Clark, if you had brought me chocolate bar, then we'd have to discuss ways for me to work off those calories.

Huh…Did he go off and read P&P during those 10 minutes?
LIBRARIAN: I’m telling you, Superman flew in, asked for the 19th century novels section and went to town. No idea what got into him.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I plead the Fifth.

Does that mean she will have to go with movie references from now on. At least, until the Internet and Wikipedia make their come back?
Good thing he's a speed reader. Also, the good adaptation (with Colin Firth) doesn't get released for another year. Maybe I'll have them watch it together (all 6 hours of it), cuddling on the couch.
LOIS: *6* hours and all I get is cuddling?
CLARK: I or you, depending on the location, would probably have to stay the night.
LOIS: Okay, then.

Originally Posted by ER
“I didn’t like Wickham, though,” he continued with a frown.
Lex?
No, actually, Lex liked Wickham.
LEX: He saw a rich female he liked and he just took her. He figured after he de-flowered the girl (of 16), her parents or guardians would insist that they be married. Smart man! I should have done that with Lois.

And Lois would have been ticked off that Lex didn’t choose her?
Lucy was an easier target.
LEX: She dances in the shower as well as she put out. Two qualities that Lois does not have.
LOIS: It wouldn't be the first time some guy dumped me because I wouldn't go to bed with him. Patience is a virtue, you know. Lex does know that he'll die a slow and painful death if he touches one hair on Lucy's head.

Originally Posted by ER
And Lucy has more sense than to date a criminal. At least, Lois hoped she did.
JONNHY: /wave/
Hmmmm. [Linked Image] I wonder...

Asking for her to plant another green-K heel in his sensitive region?
LOIS: What does Michael mean by "another"?!

Originally Posted by ER
“So, you’re not…?”
Wonder if she’s hoping or fearing.
LOIS: I fear nothing. Not that that I’m hoping…well…expecting. Which I’m not. Expecting, I mean. Or hoping. What was the question?
CLARK: If I’m going to ask you to marry you.
LOIS: Yes!
CLARK: /Deary me! What have I done?/
LOIS: No!
CLARK: /She *doesn't* want to marry me? That's even worse./
LOIS: I mean…
Perhaps you should just stop, Lois. Before Clark decides to move into that hole you've dug for yourself.

No proposal while she’s having the curse?
CLARK: /sure, we can phrase it that way/
ER: Couldn’t they just wait until the wedding night and go with a traditional one year engagement period?
CLARK: That works for me!
LOIS: Wait? No, no, no, no... He proposes and we're on the first plane to Vegas.

Maybe she will be much more ready with another man? Like creepy a FBI agent or a creepy psychiatrist or the creepy son of a criminal billionaire?
Gee. That would be a shame if that happened wouldn't it? You forgot that Brazilian priest, too.

Awwwww! She friendzoned him and wants him to be her gentleman of honor /clap/
He might have deserved that slap in the face, though.

At least until they can make up in an…agitated fashion in some private location like the storage cabinet or the copier room?
CLARK: But neither of those places have a bed.
LOIS: Neither did the pantry at the Metro Club, but didn't seem to bother you.

Originally Posted by ER
“I don’t kiss my friends like that,” Clark said.
CAT: /very disappointed by that development./
Except that she's happily married.
CAT: What? Both Clark Kent and Superman are on my short list of men I can sleep with without it being considered cheating.
PHIL: And your mother is on mine.
CAT: /snatches up lists and tears them apart/ Happy now?
PHIL: Yes.

CAT: Hey! I’m not ordinary!
CLARK: Um... Cat, when did you developed super hearing?
PHIL: I thought you said that the baby was mine!

Originally Posted by ER
“Do you want me to admit that I still want to ravish your body? Because I do,” she added with an extra sultry tone to her voice.
ER: /passes out from the shock of Lois's plans/
So, Lois shouldn't try to seduce Clark? Gee, that would be too bad, because then I'd have to... well, never mind. I'll just slip those pages... chapters... into the deleted scenes file and start anew. /sigh/

I…think Lois would disagree with that statement.
So would Rachel and Lana.
LANA: I wish I could've died instead of lived as the ex-girlfriend, ex-fiancee of Superman.

Oh dear. Did she…? Should he mention that he doesn’t have his strength while he’s under the influence?
CLARK: Or stamina.
LOIS: /thud/
I believe I covered most of those points here.

This time it was Lois’s turn to blush and glance away. “We made love when I visited you in the hospital during Nightfall.”
ER: /believes that it's such a shame that Lois didn't get pregnant that night./
CLARK: You mean I really AM sterile? Terrific. /grumbles/

He got her there, didn’t he?
That he did.
LOIS: I only said that I wouldn’t lie about having sex with him. Not about not having sex with him. See? Totally different things.
CLARK: huh

That pregnancy sure would come in handy right about now, now wouldn’t it?
Wouldn't it be better if Lois gets pregnant at a time she wasn't engaged to a multimillionaire? Then there would always be people wondering if that's why Lex proposed and doubt the paternity of the child. I could see Lex fighting Lois for parental rights. Not a good scenario to get into.
LEX: Well, if I couldn't clone Superman, raising his son (or daughter) as my own, would be just as close to the same thing, wouldn't it be?
EW: Okay, this train of thought is scaring me.

Does sound like a petulant girl, doesn’t she?
CLARK: I knew I should have brought her chocolates as well.

Is it time for WHALTTA? But shouldn’t there be an entire season in between then…and now?
So, he's only allowed to use that line when she's officially turned down his first proposal? Oh, look. He did that last April.

Once a liar, always a liar.
So, Lois and Clark are perfect for one another, then?

Maybe if she came into his apartment late at night, dropped her raincoat and ravished him in his bed?
Only if she was wearing her Kryptonite pendant.

Oh, look. She’s going all Obi Wan on his now.
From a certain POV. Yes, I guess she is. evil

CLARK: Is that when she’s telling me that she’s actually my sister?
lol

But he wasn’t quite up to it?
Then it doesn't quite count as making love.

CAT: He never had sex with me.
PHIL: Really? *Really*?
CAT: Nor did we make love. /rolls eyes/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.